EESL is a joint venture of four National Public Sector Enterprises – NTPC Limited, PFC, REC and POWERGRID, and was set up under Ministry of Power. EESL is a Super Energy Service Company (ESCO).
EESL is creating a new normal through large-scale transformation. We help our customers get more with the same energy consumption. We enable more by creating incentives for all stakeholders.
EESL through its innovative, fast and transparent procurement process has brought a market transformation in terms of pricing and production by aggregating demand and supply. Because of reduced discovered prices of energy efficient products over the period of time, helps in transforming the life of common man in the country.
Any citizen of India who desires to obtain any information under the Right to Information Act, 2005 may make a request to the Public Information Officer/Assistant Public Information Officer.
“In the Indian tradition, the Sun is the source of all forms of energy. The world must turn to the Sun to power our future.”1 - Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister
India’s commitment to renewable energy, especially solar, has achieved global recognition. Taking this commitment forward, the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) launched the Atal Jyoti Yojana (AJAY) to illuminate dark regions across five states through solar power.
EESL has been entrusted to implement this path-breaking initiative in a mission mode by March 31, 2018. We will illuminate rural, semi-urban, and urban areas that face less than 50% grid connectivity in Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Odisha with solar LED street lights. These solar lights will be installed on major roads, markets, and public conveniences in remote areas to sustainably enhance the citizens’ quality of life.
The total cost of the scheme is ₹499.30 crore (USD 77 mn). MNRE will provide 75% of the cost of street lights and remaining 25% will come from Member of Parliament Local Area Development funds (MPLADS), Panchayat funds or Municipalities and other Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) Funds.