EESL: AN OVERVIEW
EESL has been set up with equal equity participation of 4 CPSUs namely,
- NTPC Limited.
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited.
- Power Finance Corporation Limited.
- Rural Electrification Corporation Limited.
Ø The paid-up share capital of the company is Rs. 90.00 crores and the authorized share capital is Rs. 190 crores.
Ø The JV agreement signed on 19th November 2009.
Ø EESL was registered under the Companies Act, 1956 on 10th December, 2009 and obtained the Commencement of Business Certificate on 11th February, 2011.
The major objectives of EESL are:
- To carry out and promote the business of Energy Efficiency and climate change To implement energy efficiency projects for Demand Side Measures including municipal functions, agriculture, public building, lighting etc.
- To implement schemes, programmes and policies of Central and State Governments or its agencies , Bureau of Energy Efficiency.
- Partner with private ESCO’s and other companies to promote energy efficiency.
- To provide consultancy services in the field of CDM projects, Carbon Markets, Demand Side Management, Energy Efficiency, climate change and other related areas.
- To act as resource centre in the field of Energy Efficiency and take up the activities of Capacity Building Training and other related activities.
PREPARATION OF BIDDING DOCUMENTS:-
- EESL prepares its own contract documents of Global Standards for engaging a supplier on its behalf. EESL has successfully awarded not only routine contracts but also prepared contract documents for Bachat Lamp Yojna, which are having many variables to be accounted for, Agriculture Demand Side Management based on Detailed project Report, Demand Side Management Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) , in numerous consultancy projects etc.
- EESL also prepares contract documents for external clients on chargeable basis. EESL has prepared Tender documents for Power Finance Corporation (PFC), Rural Electrifications Corporation (REC) , Number of clients who had awarded contract for Waste Heat Recovery and Making Annual Energy Savings Plan for different state designated agencies (SDAs) as part of Detailed Project Report.
- EESL has also made standard bidding documents for energy efficient project for Indo German Energy Forum (IGEF). These standard documents have been used by many organisations.
- EESL can make the tender documents based on client’s requirements taking necessary points into accounts.
ASSISTANCE IN BID EVALUATION AND AWARD:-
- EESL has capable staff for not only preparing tender documents but also assist the client in bid evaluation and awarding the contract to lowest evaluated and technically acceptable bidder on payment basis. EESL has done so for REC, PFC, Indian Habitat Centre, Mysore City Corporation, Rajniwas Building at Puducherry etc. EESL follows rigorous systems of evaluation based on qualifying requirements as per tender documents.
- EESL has done empanelment also for various items / work viz LED lights, General consultancy, Lighting Energy Saver, Pumps etc. Due to this process of award gets faster.